Friday, July 24, 2020

Anthem - Immortal (2006) review/ulasan

I'll type in English for this one.



A quick short review, actually more to show how the packaging looks like.
Before Black Empire album in 2008, there was Immortal in 2006.

To my ears this album is melodic , as all Anthem albums are after the year 2000 reunion,
but this is definitely a hard hitting album. No exactly slow songs, unless you consider Echoes In The Dark as one. LOL!!
Even the instrumental on this album Insomnia is In Your Face.

Anthem remains still one of my favourite bands, although getting information about them and music by them and collecting their releases is so difficult and BLOODY EXPENSIVE.
But still if there is a will there is a way.
It would be a dream come true to be able to backpack to Japan and follow Anthem on their Japanese Tour.
Most of the time I have no idea what they are singing though.

This studio album is consist of
-Naoto Shibata of course
-Akio Shimizu and I love him as an Anthem guitarist
-Eizo Sakamoto - I still prefer Eizo above Yukio Morikawa as Anthem best vocalist. He makes the band sound Heavy Metal compared to the more Rock N Roll style of Yukio in my opinion.
-Hirotsugu Homma was still drummer for this album, before his accident.

Enjoy the photos... and two linked to youtube.
One this album version of Echoes In The Dark
The other a live in the studio of Immortal Bind....

click all photos to enlarge









This is Immortal Bind played live in the studio..


this is studio version of Echoes In The Dark.

I do encounter postings on the internet about Eizo's English language, but I dont care. I think he is the best for Anthem.




Thats all... Take care.


No comments: