Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I think I had changed the way I listened to Led Zeppelin...

Since I first listen properly to Led Zeppelin, my listening structure to each song was solely based on the complete FOUR plus TWO cds arrangement by Jimmy Page on that wonderful boxsets many years ago when he first personally remastered the Led Zep studio collection, where Jimmy Page squeezed every studio Led Zep songs then into just SIX cds, and he arranged it in a way that he thinks the songs works the best one after another.

 This was most noticeable on the first boxset which consist of the first 4 cds. And that is how Led Zeppelin songs are embedded in my brain, by that specific Jimmy Page rearrangements and never by the track sequence of studio albums.



I never ever listen to Led Zeppelin as per based on their studio albums released songs sequence.

But now I think its going to change, besides upgrading my Belinda Carlisle collection slowly to her deluxe triple discs studio albums one by one.

I decide I would like to collect the new Led Zeppelin releases, I cannot afford the amazing boxsets nor the vinyls, and as I only listen while walking and on public transport nowadays, I decide to go for the more humble 2cd deluxe editions of each album.

I only got the first three, which are the ones released so far anyway.... and I think its worth it on the double cds of each release and packaging, and I think I will enjoy them even better when blasted on my headphones in the crowded buses and trains...





I hope to get the rest as its slowly released, and I will talk cock about it more next time...

And yes, THE WHEEL CAN TURN!!!...on the III digipak. How happy I am to turn the wheel....and it works.

(One of the reason I avoid buying the previous digipak single cd version was it seems the rumours and gossips going around the internet that ^HINA-PIRATED COPY are so great that they can also make THE WHEEL TURN!!

and worse they create exact copies of the Japanese boxset versions..and its jammed up on EBAY and it get so confusing, and I am not surprised if single copies are found in shops and flea markets and sold at original prices.)

If I want to buy a pirated or a bootleg copy of an album, I will buy it because I know its a FAKE and I buy it for the novelty and collection, And the *ussians do create fantastic novelty albums reproductions which we know are bootlegs, but we support it because of the beauty of the packaging. Their packagings are so good with Gatefolds and everything....

I do buy *ussian Iron Maiden studio albums that are pirated/bootlegged/counterfeited/ because I know thats what they are.... Specially cute beautiful repacking that you cannot get on an original release ever..

But I dont want to be duped into thinking I am buying an original....spend my money thinking its original, then realising its a fake. 
If I know I beforehand its a fake, but I love the packaging and its novelty, thats different.



5 comments:

berteromber said...

Sejak terdengar balik lagu "Sea of Love" tu hari kat radio...kepala aku ni asyik terngiang2 jer lagu projek band Robert Plant The Honeydrippers...tak silap Jimmy Page dan Jeff Beck pun ada main dalam tu kan...

btw...ntah kenapa...led zep antara band yang aku tak berapa nak ada cd-cdnya...

Ijau D. Koceng said...

tapi sedih bila syarikat rakaman tempatan buat album kompilasi atau reissue dgn packaging yg ala kadar...

Rafi said...

Lp led zep satu pun aku takda..nak beli yg BBC session tu mahal sangat..tapi skang bnyk lp led zep yg di rilis balik eh

MOHD SHAFID BIN RAHMAT said...

Tengok dulu harga boxset. Kalau kira per disc lagi murah dari beli satu satu. Kena timbang tara walaupun duitnya agak rabak nak keluar. Tu yang jadi kat beatles boxset yang aku tengok.

Portdy said...

Lagu Sea of Love ,aku dengar dari keset "Sixty Six to Timbuktu.

Sampai sekarang carik cdnya tak jumpa.