Saturday, May 30, 2015

ANTHEMS 2000-2011 : Anthem. (triple disc limited edition version)

Dari tulis pasal burung Caribbean Pink Flamingos ke China Giant Panda ke Jepun punye Anthem.

As usual it will be a dual ramble in both Malay language and English.

Firstly my still UNHAPPINESS -yes I know its been like two years since Eizo Sakamoto leaving the band (AGAIN!!!!!!!),

and then after that, onwards to my opinion and not so review about this latest release.


THIS IS JUST RELEASED A FEW DAYS AGO IN JAPAN!!!...
and I got it so quickly... Thank you Postal Staffs. For Me About To Japanese Rock, I Salute You!



Aku masih tetap sampai sekarang fikir aku lagi suka Eizo Sakamoto jadi penyanyi Anthem dari Yukio Morikawa.
Mereka berdua ni macam main musical chair gitu, Eizo zaman dulu keluar, Yukio masuk, lepas tu bila reunion balik Eizo ganti Graham Bonnet lepas tu sekarang Eizo keluar Anthem lagi.. Yukio masuk balik..

Jadi sekarang Eizo dah nyanyi 12 album studio kot untuk Anthem.
Yukio dah nyanyi 5 album...

Aku lagi suka suara Eizo.

Tapi takpe... Anthem kepala dan tukang tulis lagu ialah Naoto Shibata - bassist dorang, dan janji gitaris dorang Akio Shimizu tetap maintain.
Drummer dorang si Homma tu dah keluar, Anthem dah pakai drummer baru, muda. 


Drummer lama kemalangan jalanraya, apa yang last aku tahu.

Cehhhh macam tahu2 je eh aku ni... Kalau salah sorry la.. Aku agak2 je. HAHA






Getting news and of course information on releases from Anthem is very difficult as I have no idea of Japanese language, information or relevant websites on the internet.

But when I do get my hands on them... Its all worth it.
So this is a new best of / compilation of Anthem from their Victor record company years.
So basically Anthem music label/record company releases are
1985- 1992 Lexus
2000- 2011 Victor
2012- present Universal Music. - (I think this begins with Live Unbroken blue ray/dvd disc.)

I understand Lexus have remastered from the original analog tapes of the 8 studio albums from 1985 to 1992 and will be releasing them on a boxset soon.

So this release is the Limited Edition 3 disc version of Anthems 2000-2011.
The first two are cds
The third disc is a DVD.







So on disc one and two.. total of 28 songs.
3 songs from the year 2000, the reunion album of  Heavy Metal Anthem whereby Anthem got RAINBOW's Graham Bonnet to sing for them, basically older Anthem songs with English lyrics.

4 songs each from the SIX albums that follows with Eizo Sakamoto joining back in 2001. Seven Hills, Overload, Eternal Warrior, Immortal, the personally I really love Black Empire and lastly Heraldic Device from 2011.

The extra song is ""Undefined Things"" - an instrumental during Eternal Warrior album recordings that was never released.

Walk Through the Night is included.. LOL!!!!!!

Best love song ever - "I love your innocence... I love your smile"", and that is only the English parts, how I wish I understand the rest of the Japanese lyrics...

NOW COME TO THE STRESSFUL PART!!!

On the DVD (the 3rd disc),

Besides the music videos, THERE IS also a ONE HOUR interview with Naoto Shibata on the albums that Anthem released during the Victor record label years.

ONE HOUR!!! what looks like an interesting and informative interview and I bloody dont understand it, and there is no subtitle.

What the #&^@!!! I am so disappointed.. but nevermind...

lastly on the dvd, there is a live video of Anthem during the Graham Bonnet years live.
Recorded sometime in 2000, I think I had reviewed a bootleg of Graham Bonnet show with Anthem in the past in this blog.
Its just one camera angle taken from the back, the quality is maybe from an old video tape.
But the Historic importance LOL!!!....
The song Love In Vain and Hungry Soul.

OK thats about it.....  More Anthem is coming....stay tuned. LOL!!!

Till then some Anthem youtubes..

This one I uploaded when I just got the Live Unbroken Blue Ray Disc.. I recorded it from the tv screen using my handphone LOL!!!  There are other fans who had their hands on this superb Anthem Blue Ray/DVD and uploaded better quality ones...

but still, check out BLAST/Akio Shimizu beautiful beautiful solo/HEAT OF THE NIGHT



and....

this crazy superb Venom Strike solo by Akio Shimizu..


Venom Strike Studio version was originally by Yukio but seriously I prefer Eizo singing it LOL!!

Yes and that drummer is now a permanent member of Anthem ( I think so...LOL!!)



LASTLY I JUST WANT TO SAY ITS AN INJUSTICE THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE KNOW OF ANTHEM.

WORSE, EVEN WHEN FANS UPLOAD ANTHEM SONGS INTO YOUTUBE, YOU GOT COPYRIGHT CLAIMS AND THE SONGS BECOME MUTE.

AND THAT IS A SHAME...  BECAUSE I BELIEVE THOSE WHO REALISED HOW GOOD ANTHEM IS, WILL SLOWLY TRY TO GET THEIR HANDS ON ANTHEM ORIGINAL RELEASES.



Anyway for some other Anthem releases that I had blogged about
click here, I think I got all tagged and not missing any..

http://deaf-angel.blogspot.sg/search/label/anthem





Actually....

this Anthem release arrived the same day as another item....

continue next time.... A photo first.




7 comments:

Rafi said...

tgh baca pasal Anthem,skrol punya skrol gambo last yang meleleh tengok.Savatage boxset tuuu..kat live Anthem tu diorang suka pakai jeans boot cut eh.betul old skol nye rock

metal brain asylum said...

Geramnye aku tgk boxset Savatage tuh. yumm yumm. hahahah

berteromber said...

adoi!!!...pasal anthem aku ok jer...part last nengok gambo boxset Savatage tu memang teliur la...arghhhh...cepat review!!!

D'arsil said...

fuhh.. GAMBAR kat bawa tu..

Ijau D. Koceng said...

resound the anthem...

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, Anthem is really one of the best active metal combos.
I know them since Tightrope (1986?) and paid hard money on the very expensive imports, that took month to arrive. Damn, am I old. Bound To Break is my favorite and Akio Shimizu is one hell of a guitar player.
Now, if only you guys were posting in english... :-)

Cheers

deaf-angel said...

Hi Anon,

I take note of your comments on the language. Anthem is universal music.