Friday, August 19, 2011

Terrorizer's Secret History of Thrash Metal - The Definitive Guide magazine

At last this special edition magazine has arrived at the local shops ( at least in Singapore ). You can even find this at Mustafa.
Terrorizer has always been faithful and loyal to the more heavier,faster, extreme kind of music and when they come out with a special on Thrash Metal, I just know I had to get one although its a bit expensive, terkopak siak. Being a Terrorizer release, I guess this magazine people knows what they are talking about - Thrashperts, I like this word in the magazine.

The cover is a young James Hetfield.



Checkout the contents pages...

And this is why you have to get this magazine.. whether you are a thrash metal fanatic, collector, constant listener, occasional listener or just a sympathiser or even if you just want to know the history, background and stories related to this genre.

see these pt 1...


see these pt 2..


see these pt 3...


98 pages... of everything Thrash Metal.. and like the front cover says " The Definitive Guide ".
Even the unavoidable ads are mostly Thrash Metal.
And we got a brand new 18 songs compilation Thrash Metal cd called Thrash Forward Back To The Future featuring active and newer bands.

Intro by an Evile member.



Be aware this is not a 100% brand new articles, but you can find articles from all thru the years of Terrorizer but its done tastefully and gives you a fantastic picture of this kind of music.

Last few years we got a similar special edition one from Metal Hammer which also has James Hetfield on the cover which I post the photos of some pages on this blog, but like I say this being Terrorizer release, its more spectacular.

Warning - Lots of photos coming up, I think its impossible for me to take each page photo, but this are just a bit of the many like in the content pages above...

this research is very informative.. at least for me.


famous name


labels, I remember the Metal Hammer special also has something like this writeup.


also...


very very famous name


Asians have mostly black hair which then goes to white if you are lucky before it all drops off haha.
So it do get me thinking a bit when I read about the Ginger Hair guy.


Why I read this article with sadness?


and write up of each countries contribution to Thrash Metal..
this is the UK ones..


Iron Maiden of course is mentioned a few times in this magazine, I think the best one is from Billy Milano on the chapter regarding SOD and talking about the cover of Bigger Than The Devil.
I retyped here short form " TNOTB ws the original chalice of inspiration for all this Satanic Metal - It was the first commercially successful Satan record ".
Very funny.

also,
I like the intro to an old article on Slayer which can be found here.
It begins with " No Slayer = No Terrorizer ".


I always like to read about the artworks.. the Beneath The Remain writeup is nice.
Also the worse covers list description is funny.



Top 50 Thrash Metal albums of all time, again I dont recall if its quite similar to the Metal Hammer one.





The world is changing so fast, I dont think kids nowadays even know what is a cassette tape.



This magazine is definitely great because it elaborate a lot on this Thrash Metal thingy.


How to dress up haha.
But its so much more comfortable to just wear slippers to rock concerts for me..



Now not forgetting the cd that comes with the mag. Very enjoyable though I enjoy some more than the rest..


A few pages talked about the newer bands playing Thrash Metal that appear on the cd.



Predator song stand out due to its intro, and there is an advertisement for this band, and I was like " ooooo dorang cam gini eh, oooo sedap la jugak ".




The funny thing is, while reading this magazine, and also listening to the cd, I was surfing ebay.com to check out the cheapest price possible of the " House Of Lords " Live in UK cd. I am targetting the original for very long, but just dont have the cash to spare. I guess I have to forget about it again.
What a tilt to the left and right of the rock/metal music ...and justice for all weighing scale between House Of Lords and Thrash Metal.

The similarity is the music is nice and rocking ( and loud too ), and both are nice and rocking ( and loud too ) in their own ways.

4 comments:

berteromber said...

tq beb...ada bahan bacaan untuk aku lepas balik semayang jumaat ni kang...


btw...House Of Lords rocks!!!..tapi Live in UK tu takder Gregg Giuffria kan?...

Dr. Bentara said...

kena cari ni. Aku suka isu yang historical.

Kaboi Tanduk said...

macam menarik. sejuk mata memandang..hehe

gayour said...

sebelum ni revolver magazine ada mengeluarkan koleksi khas 'legend ' dan pasal thrash metal. yang tebaru pada bulan jun 2011- the big four of thrash metal. koleksi dari terrorizer ni kena cari sebagai rujukan. habih rabak lagi la poket. ARGHHH!

kalo tak jumpa kat sini, gua oder kat lu boleh tak bro?